Well...that worked but, I have no idea why. The directory structure looks
exactly as it did before. I also started Tomcat from within Eclipse and
tested, that worked as well. So, it appears that the issue has been resolved
but, I must admit I'm uncomfortable with the resolution, specifically in not
knowing what actually addressed the issue. Unfortunately, given its nature,
the cause is likely to remain unknown, discounting some probable "human
error" on my part.

Fran