> Hi
>
> I've been undertaking a major tomcat upgrade, moving from
> Tomcat 4.1.31 running on Win NT with IIS 1.2 to Tomcat 5.5.20
> running on Win 2003 Server with IIS 6.0. I'm just about
> there, but I've got a problem with a servlet that runs fine
> under the old setup but exhibits strange behaviour under the
> new setup. It seems to be to do with session managent under
> Tomcat 5.5.20 - has the way sessions and session data is
> handled changed - and if so can someone point me to relevant
> documentation.

Actually the previous suggestions didn't fix it. I've finally sussed it.
Because we're still in development, we've been fairly cavalier about how we've
been calling the initial servlet (as localhost/servlet, hostname/servlet and by
IP address/servlet) and some of the links within the application have been
using a mixture of IP addresses and hostname). It appears that Tomcat is
creating a seperate session based on the "host" portion of the URL that its
being passed. So when we called the servlet initially using, for example,
http://123.123.123.123/servlet and loaded the session data, a subsequent call
to http://hostname/servlet created a new session - hence the appearance of
sessions going out of sync. Now we've standardised and everything is working as
expected.

Is this a known behaviour or is there something we can do through config to get
around this problem?

Regards
Roger

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.