> From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Barker
> Subject: Re: Can APR use verisign certs ?
>
> Now, with IE 7 (I was using 6 before), the page comes up fine.

What happens if you click on the JBoss Web Console link (bottom left)?
When I try it with IE7 (and IE6, for that matter), I get a Java message
box stating "The web site's certificate cannot be verified."  Clicking
the More Information link shows "The certificate was issued by a source
that is not trusted."  Clicking on No prevents the applet that normally
runs in the left pane from being downloaded.  (This is with both JDK
1.6.0-b105 and 1.5.0_10-b03, by the way.)

I think there are multiple certificate verification mechanisms at play
here, which may be contributing to the confusion.  Windows/IE has one,
Firefox appears to have its own, and Java yet another.  It seems that
only the Windows/IE mechanism recognizes the dpt.alphatheory.com
certificate as being issued by a known, trusted provider.  I don't know
enough about what actually gets checked to try to figure out why the
alphatheory certificate issuer isn't known to Firefox or Java.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.