Hi,

Just for your information ..

Memmory is divided in young and old generation as object life increasing it
will occupy space i old generation,

Please refer SUN JVM documentation.

GC will keep happening once the memmory (Young generation )reached
threshold.

Young generation again divided in to survivor 0 and survivor 1 spaces.
When a object is created it keeps allocating in survivor spaces
alternatively.
Two types of GC:

Mini GC : Cleaning only with in young generation
Full GC: If all objects present in young generation are alive so cleaning
happens in old generation hence will become FUll GC

Following is the info I have sent a mail to some person (It may be usefull)

Setting heap size to -Xms256   -Xmx1024 will allocate memmory intially to
256 MB and keeps expanding as  allocating more objects up to 1024.
My recomendation to you is as mentioned in previos mail set heap size to
-Xms1536 -Xmx1536 and verify it.

But Do not increase heap size blindly to greater values which may lead to
performance issue(Pause times may become more to clean GC).

try the heap settings and let me know, If still problem is there just send
the verbose output and log file.