PATTUS, Jean-Philippe wrote:

> i'm trying to display chinese chars in my web application.
> I have managed to display these characters by adding this following
> directive in each jsp : <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>.
> It works fine.
> But, now i'm looking for a way to change the default charset (Iso 8859-1)
> used by Tomcat for the jsp compilation. I want to set this information in
> only one place(why not in the web.xml), to avoid to add the directive tag
> on my each jsp file.
>
> Let me know if you have any ideas on the subject.

Two ideas com to my mind:
1. Change the JSPs to use XML syntax. For those, the default encoding is
UTF-8.
2. Add something like
<jsp-config>
        <jsp-property-group>
                <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
                <page-encoding>UTF-8</page-encoding>
        </jsp-property-group>
</jsp-config>
to the web.xml of your application. The snippet above is written from memory.
So it may not be correct but should give you the idea what to look for.

Regards
  mks