Hi Everybody,

Now I am trying to launch an external application, for example, "top" ,in my web application, and killing it by PID after a while. But when I execute Runtime.getRuntime.exec("top") in my JSP page or Servlet, Tomcat is stuck in that page and do not display anything because it can not stop running until that "commnad" is terminated, which means it waiting for the response from Runtime.getRuntime.exec("top"). It seems that it will run forever. Is there any solution to solve this problem? I mean that JSP page can execute the following code no matter if it finish the process is done.

BTW, I do not use System.exit() in my program. It may cause Security Manager problem.
Thanks and best regards,

Hui