On 1/14/07, James Dekker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello there,

I am using the Apache Commons Digester to load an XML config file via
a servlet with init params...

I keep getting this error when I start Tomcat 5.5.9 and have deployed
the war file via my build script:

INFO: Deploying web application archive coffeebreak.war
2007-01-14 03:10:33,050 WARN
[org.coffeebreak.logging.Log4jInitServlet] - Loaded: log4j.properties
file
attributes-config.xml not found, /Developer/JavaTools/tomcat/jakarta-
tomcat-5.5.9/bin/WEB-INF/classes/org/coffeebreak/config/attributes-
config.xml

Try using getRealPath() . Here's some code a wrote a while back:

/**
* Load log4j
*
* @web.servlet
*      display-name="log4j-init"
*      load-on-startup="1"
*      name="com.infoseg.mr.xtutil.Log4jInit"
*
* @web.servlet-init-param name="log4j-init-file"
*                         value="WEB-INF/properties/log4j.properties"
*
*/

public class Log4jInit extends HttpServlet
{
 public void init()
 {
   String prefix =  getServletContext().getRealPath("/");
   String file = getInitParameter("log4j-init-file");
   // if the log4j-init-file is not set, then no point in trying
   if(file != null)
   {
     PropertyConfigurator.configure(prefix+file);
   }
   else
   {
     throw new RuntimeException("Cannot load InitParameter from
web.xml: log4j-init-file");
   }
 }

 public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res) {}

HTH,
Robert