> From: Vacuum Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: No logging (or System.out) when I activate virtual hosts
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on this?  This whole thing is
> basically not usable for real work if exceptions are silently
> dropped, which is what is happening.  Surely someone has
> implemented some kind of log system that works in Tomcat?

The standard logger works fine in Tomcat, capturing exceptions whenever
they occur for both hosts.  Likewise, the standard logging configuration
for JBoss (which is what you've said you're using, rather than Tomcat by
itself) also works fine, including capture of exception stack traces.

The real question is: what have you broken?  You might try comparing a
clean download of Tomcat or JBoss against what you've got installed, and
carefully examine any differences.

Did you notice the following in the JBoss doc?

"When a WAR file is deployed, it is associated by default with the
virtual host whose name matches the defaultHost attribute of the
containing Engine. To deploy a WAR to a specific virtual host you need
to specify an appropriate virtual-host definition in your jboss-web.xml
descriptor."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.