Peter Crowther wrote:
From: Vamshidhar Palkonda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Space is not a problem on the device. The device will be running Linux. One other reason is why I am thinking of tomcat is I am familiar with Java but not C,C++.

We are starting from the scratch. And there are not many developers right now. Since the infrastructure that I am developing is for the configuration management.

OK, so it's a green-field project.  Provided you can get a suitable JDK
running on the device, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution.

Is there anything that I can use to speed up the development if not with JSF.

That's close to a religious argument among the different UI framework
people :-).  I never managed to climb the JSF learning curve (too many
other demands on my time), so have stuck with raw JSPs.  If you already
know JSF then it's probably the fastest framework to use.  If not, and
you haven't looked around for frameworks, it's probably worth doing that
survey.

I suspect I'll now get flamed by a few people on this list for calling
JSF into question, and cheered by a few others... let's see!

                - Peter

If you're at all familiar with Swing, which most Java programmers are, you might find the Echo framework much easier to learn. I've been using it for a couple of months now, and I love it. As a side note, I'm not trying to start a flame war, just trying to point out possible app frameworks that might be useful. There is also a minimal amount of config to get up and running and you don't have to write any HTML. The framework might be for you and it might not be, but I would suggest evaluating it at least.

Zack