Ok ... I'll bite.  What's a realm got to do with the original post?  The
OP is just trying to setup a database pool via tomcat's built-in JNDI.

OP -- Your code didn't match completely with the example code on the
tomcat website.  Here it is matched up with what's in the docs:

InitialContext initContext = new InitialContext();
Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/Library");

The only two real changes here are 1) a missing / mark in between java:
and comp and 2) the return of new InitialContext() is of type
InitialContext.  The second difference is probably not affecting your
situation.  Everything else looked really good.

--David