But how can I use VFS in an intranet application which is web based?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nelson, Tracy M. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Accessing files from file server

has

| logged in and if user has access on file server then he can access the

| files even if the tomcat is running as local user.

It may be possible to check the user's credentials via an LDAP
connection

(or whatever method is appropriate for your security/authorization
system).

However, it will not be possible to access the remote server directly
from

Tomcat (including any of your servlets or JSPs).  You might be able to
use

something like the Commons VFS (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/).

| Second issue is that - If I want to upload the files then I want to

| check that user who is logged in to the application has write access
or

| not on file server. If not then he should get error message. My user

| will be logged in to application as same user id as his/her domain
user

| id. But I am not sure how to achieve this.

I'm not sure what the problem is here.  If the user doesn't have write

access to the server, you'll definitely get an error indication of some

sort.  All you have to do is decide how you want to present that to the

user.

The information contained in this message is confidential

proprietary property of Nelnet, Inc. and its affiliated

companies (Nelnet) and is intended for the recipient only.

Any reproduction, forwarding, or copying without the express

permission of Nelnet is strictly prohibited. If you have

received this communication in error, please notify us

immediately by replying to this e-mail.

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.