Hi Chuck,

  Thanks for your follow up and here is an update from me.

  I set the environment variable, -Djava.library.path  on the java tab of
'Tomat Service Monitor' for java.library.path and it appeared to me that the
Tomcat picked up this value as it gave me a different error as "Can't find
Dependent Libraries."

  "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:  <<the dll name with correct path as
expected>> Can't find dependent libraries"

  I tried adding the Path variable to the java tab by adding, -DPath=%PATH%....
did not work.
  Another attempt by adding the -DPath=<<copied the System Path>> and still did
not work.

  If I run the Tomcat using the startup.bat instead of running as Service,
everything works fine.

  Any more inputs?

  Regards,
  Sampath

"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.20: issue with tomcat service &
> defining application specific environment variables
>
> > From: Sampath Kumar Rallapalli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.20: issue with tomcat service &
> > defining application specific environment variables
> >
> > Thanks Chuck for your response. I tried your suggestion of
> > providing an additional argument on Java tab for
> > java.library.path and it did not work.
>
> Exactly what did you try?

I just verified that arbitrary -D parameters are handled properly with
the Java tab of tomcat5w.exe. I added these values:

-Dtest.property=dummy
-Djava.library.path=G:\testing

and Lambda Probe shows both of them in its system properties display.
You do have to restart Tomcat after setting them, of course. This is
with Tomcat 5.5.20 and both JDK 1.5 and 1.6.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.