* Andre Prasetya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:55:51 +0700]:
There are many ways
1. Parse the localhost log cek for startup completed or something like
that

Thank you for this idea, it seens this is a way to go!

2. telnet to your server at tomcat port

As I said earlier, there is a period when it listens on port, but returns http error message about "no host found".

3. try requesting something from your tomcat

This requires some knoweledge about site structure (and the url to peak).. It's not an option for us.

But checking the logs seems to be a best option, thanks again!

--
Vlad .

On 1/25/07, Vlad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are planning to use latest Tomcat from 5.x branch on Windows.
It's
> started using 'bin/catalina.run bat' (please don't offer to run it
as