Wesley Hof wrote:

There is no UserDatabaseRealm config file.

server/conf/tomcat-users.xml

UserDatabaseRealm reads from that file to determine who can log in, with which privileges. Authentication is activating, but I don't see any references to a restricted area in your web.xml.

what is the path that you've got for the WorldPay callback? (don't post the server address)

(I'm not familiar with WebWork, so I don't know if that's handling the authentication.)

Enable a RequestDumperValve so you can see what WorldPay is doing when it hits your URL.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/valve.html#Request%20Dumper %20Valve

Has the system worked with this configuration before, or is this a new component?

What have you got configured in the UserDatabaseRealm file?
Have you made sure the Roles are defined in the web.xml file?

Wayne Gemmell wrote:
Sorry for the shameless bump. Was this question badly phrased, too
easy, incomplete, etc? I've been battling for days on this, asked local
lugs and the irc channel with no response. This is a system that I've
inherited and I've never worked with Tomcat or any other J2EE stuff
before and I am getting very dispondent about the whole thing. Any
constructive advice will be appreciated.

Regards
Wayne

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:12:01 +0200