Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David Kerber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Storing webapp startup parameters

I thought the webapp had to be bounced for this to take effect, but I'd love to be proven wrong about that!

You're right, it does appear that even a new InitialContext object does
not pick up changes made on the fly by the admin app, so the webapp
would have to be restarted.  Also, the admin Commit Changes button
doesn't rewrite the target app's web.xml (at least in 5.5.20), so any
environment or resource values have to be in the context.xml for the
webapp to do this at all.

what about a WatchedResource in the context.xml? I think that causes the context to reload, which may not be a good thing...

It looks like Chris' suggestion of using a real JNDI browser will be
required.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.