Thanks Chuck,

i followed your suggestion and it works fine. Maybe you can help me with
another problem i stuck.

Right now i can use RealmDataSource to authenticate the user. But want/have to
go bit deeper in
authorization, e.g. build up a dynamic navigation based on the users roles. I
investigated a bit
in the catalina API, but i cannot find any interface to access a list of the
roles the user has.

HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal() is of type javax.security.Principal and
DataSourceRealm.getRoles
is protected. What i try to access is a object of type GenericPrincipal
(because of the getRoles()
method), but don`t know where from.

What i can think of is getting a list off all in Context defined roles
StandardContext.findSecurityRoles(),
and check with a loop if the DataSourceRealm.hasRole(Principal, role), but i
still hope to find a more
elegant solution.

Maybe you have any idea.

Regards Oliver