En l'instant précis du 01/30/07 16:00, Sascha Wehnert s'exprimait en ces
termes:
> Hi David,
>
> thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, the oracle thin driver are quite ... cumbersome to use.
You will probably play by changing the JDBC url connection parameter,
but the oracle doc is not very clear on how to build a connection URL
with parameters. I have discovered here, for example, when using
henplus, a command-line java sql application, that the driver was
messing character encoding in java 1.4 but not in java 5 :/

I found a few docs on the net on how to autmatically alter the user
session when he connect and set his user language, this has nothing to
do with java part but with defining a 'connection trigger' on the
database. Unfortunately, i don't have those urls, you'll have to search
yourself:)

One thing worth trying. Install Henplus on same computer as tomcat is
running, configure it to use oracle thin drivers, use the same JVM
version as tomcat is using, connect  to database and issue a query with
a SORT clause. If it wrongly sorted, it's something to do with setting
oracle language for connection. If it's correctly sorted, then that mean
your webapplication is messing later the order of data and it's up to
your developpers to fix it.

http://henplus.sourceforge.net/