Christopher Schultz wrote:
Gaurav Kushwaha wrote:
I would like to have a method that will run every-so-often. Lets say
once in 2 weeks. How do I do that in Tomcat?

You're better off not using Tomcat for this kind of thing. That's what
cron and other system software packages are for.
I am curious, I find that moving the cron activities into the war file, simplifies greatly the task of deployment and maintenance, why would you not do it this way?

But to answer the original question, you need to design your application to start a thread when the application starts up, this thread does something every two weeks, and make sure when the application is shut down the thread is also shut down or you will have lots of grief.

Best Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden
Application Architect