Hi
Are you you sure that "select 1" is a valid query under DB2?
It is under mysql but it is not under DB2/AS400  !
HIH

On 2/2/07, Pete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Tim.

More information to my intial question:
    -I have also installed Websphere App Server on this machine and
configured the application to work correctly there.
    -Shutdown WAS to run Tomcat
    -I have Tomcat working on my home server with a mysql database, so I
do have something working!

I also get this error:
SEVERE: Null component
Catalina:type=DataSource,path=/TestWeb,host=localhost,class=
javax.sql.DataSource,name="jdbc/PhoenixDB"

When trying to use the DB2DataSourceFactory instead of the dbcp one...
<Context>
<Resource
        name="jdbc/PhoenixDB"
        auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        factory="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2DataSourceFactory"
        driverClassName="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"
        validationQuery="SELECT 1"
        loginTimeout="10"
        connectionProperties="currentSchema=T;"
        maxWait="5000"