I am trying to use tomcat 5.5 for the first time - having just moved
from tomcat5.

I am getting symptoms (I think) of my JDNI resource having not been set
up properly

In particular, I have NO contexts in my $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml,
since I want to bring these in in my webapps .war file.

So in the .war file for my app I have a META-INF/context.xml file with
the following in (apart from the password which I have changed)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="usermgr" path="/usermgr">
        <Resource name ="jdbc/usermgr" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/users"
        username="tomcat" password="x"
        maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1" />
</Context>

and my application attempts to connect to the JDNI resource

java:/comp/env/jdbc/usermgr

But when I run it, I get the following in the error message

Cause: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I am interpreting this as the JDNI resource has not been recognised.

Do I have the right interpretation?
Have I misunderstood how tomcat can find the contexts?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk