Thanks, for the information. My confusion in part stems from this comment in
the The Apache Tomcat Connector - Reference Guide,
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

In the comments for sticky_session: "... Set sticky_session to False when
Tomcat is using a Session Manager which can persist session data across
multiple instances of Tomcat...". Also, I've seen other comments in this
mailing list that would indicate not to use both at the same time.

Regards,
Rob