From: "Chittajalu, Ravi S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 6 February, 2007 10:20:51 PM
Subject: Questions about Tomcat installation on Solaris Platform

Hello Users Group,

Request your help on following questions

        1. This one is more a clarification question.
            I used a Unix account 'devuser', which is not
associated             to any Unix group. I installed Tomcat
using this user             account. I was able to
successfully install and Tomcat             runs fine. With
the same user I am not able to execute any             Java
program. I get an
            "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TestDB" . The program
compiles well, but cannot execute. My question is how is
Tomcat able to Run under the same User account 'devuser'??

        2. I configured a Database resource name with JNDI name
"jdbc/oracle10g", but I do not have a way to test and it
does not look like the connection is happening.
            I gave the
             URL :jdbc:oracle:oci:@host:port:SID
            Driver as: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
            Then userid / password.

            I tested the SID from unix command line using
SQLPLUS and             it works.
            Can some suggest a way to test this and If there
is any             problem with the configuration.

Regards
Ravi Chittajalu