I am trying to integrate a web application to an external service, and
need to be able to take an incoming sessionId from the external service
server, and to return details from the session to which that sessionId
applies.

I understand that there was a getSession(String sessionid) method, in
HttpSessionContext which has since been deprecated.

Does anyone know how I would do this, with the Servlet 2.3 APIs?