On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 03:23:32PM -0500, David Smith wrote:
> Ok .... forgive me now, but this is getting confusing.  Where does
> result come into this picture?  Were you expecting actionBean to be an
> instance of a different class?  You aren't offering a lot to go on here.

That's what it sounds like to me:

I actually have some jsp code that does stuff like this, but in my case
there is a "type" property that each object has.  I check that and do
the appropriate thing.
If you want to hard code a class name in your jsp page, you can just use
${foo.class.name} to figure out what type of object you have.

Or, if you want to get really crazy you could loop over ${foo.class.methods}
checking if there's a method named "getResult".

But, you'd probably be better off figuring out way to ensure the objects
you're working with have a "result" property.

eric