On Feb 21, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Kirk wrote:

There was a thread from February 1st on this same issue. I am having the same problem that person did, but I tried everything in the thread and still
no luck.

After I get mod_jk compiled I get this on server startup:

failure: CORE3170: Configuration initialization failed: Error running
init function load-modules:
dlopen of /wamu/hr/sunone/plugins/mod_jk/nsapi_redirector.so failed
(ld.so.1: webservd: fatal:
relocation error: file
/wamu/hr/sunone/plugins/mod_jk/nsapi_redirector.so: symbol __lshrdi3:
referenced symbol not found)

The one thing that I think is making a difference as compared to the person in the earlier thread is that gcc is not installed on the server I am trying to deploy on and I am not allowed to have it on there. it is not an option,
don't ask.  I tried static linking, but I have a feeling I am doing it
wrong.

I would download and use SunStudio. With Sun's own 'cc' you
don't get these errors with gcc assuming that glib/gld will be
pulling in these gcc/glib artifacts.

The Makefile.solaris is updated in trunk (and thus in 1.2.21)
with the cc params