From: Propes, Barry L [GCG-NAOT] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 3:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: connection pool - DBCP error

I am getting a slight error with regards to my connection pool
configuration.

I may not have totally closed the connection properly, but shouldn't the
following account for it?

AbandonedObjectPool is used (
[EMAIL PROTECTED])

   LogAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 60

in other words, if I have the following configured like so,

   <parameter>
     <name>maxWait</name>
     <value>7000</value>
   </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>removeAbandoned</name>
 <value>true</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
 <value>60</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>logAbandoned</name>
 <value>true</value>
 </parameter>

shouldn't the RemoveAbandoned params account for an open or vagrant
connection and kill it off properly?
Am I wrong in the assumption this attribute should have?

Thanks,

Barry

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.