Rainer Jung <rainer.jung <at> kippdata.de> writes:

> You can add connection_pool_minsize. See the workers.properties pages in
> the reference guide.

I'm using apache 2.0 prefork - the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

say "Do not use connection_pool_size with values higher then 1 on Apache 2.x
prefork"

I've tried tuning all the other suggested parameters without a noticable effect
on the rate of these info messages (2000-3000/hour)
I tried: maxActive 40, maxIdle 5, maxWait 3000

no discernable difference in error rate.
Maybe I need to modify them  with bigger deltas to see a difference?
Is there a way to tell which parameter would have the most impact?

> This looks like a DataSource definition (Tomcat to database). The "idle
> connection timeout" in the case of tomcat is the value of
> conncetiontimeout in the Connector element of server.xml. You need to
> find the AJP/1.3 connector.

I tried connectionTimeout = 600000 (10 times the default of 60 seconds) - no
reduction in error rate

thanks