Christopher Schultz <chris <at> christopherschultz.net> writes:

> I'm suggesting that you only deploy when you need to (even just copying
> files into your exploded WAR area). Are you updating your app many times
> more often than you want to reload it? Why?

Because the project output folder in Eclipse is set to context/WEB-INF/classes,
so every time a Java file is saved, the .class file is updated and the webapp
is reloaded. What's I'd like is to not reload it then, but only when I access
the webapp.

I could set up the output folder to somewhere else and copy it to the
exploded area only when I'd like to test run it. But this takes an
extra manual step (copy) in addition to accessing the webapp in a
browser.