> From: Daniel Gresh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Ant custom tasks: how to compile .java files and
> restart Tomcat (Tomcat6.0.9)?
>
> I have a src directory for my .java files that I wish
> to compile to .class files and simply store them on
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT for now.

Immediately under a webapp directory is not an appropriate location for
class files - ever.  They should go into
webapps/[appname]/WEB-INF/classes, as defined by the servlet spec.

> However, I am not necessarily restarting an app; I
> wish to restart Tomcat.

Why?  There's no reason to do so, if all you're doing is updating the
app.  Restarting Tomcat requires running the shutdown and startup
scripts.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.