En l'instant précis du 27/02/07 22:09, Henderson,Nathan s'exprimait en
ces termes:
> This is an "entry" from our server.xml for one of our connections there are
> 14 just like this with different ip addresses for each entry and names of
> course, I set up IP aliases on the NIC card for this purpose.
>
>  <Service name="xxtest">
>     <Connector address="xxx.xx.xxx.xx" port="80" redirectPort="443"/>
>
>  <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->
>
>     <Connector address="xxx.xx.xxx.xx" port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="SSL"
>                keystoreFile="/usr/local/bin/ice/sslcerts/.xxwalive"
>                keystorePass="xxxxxx" algorithm="IbmX509" />
>
>     <Engine name="xxtest" defaultHost="xxwatest.iceschools.org">
>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
>              resourceName="UserDatabase" />
>
> <!-- This Host is the "Virtual Host": xxwatest -->
>       <Host name="xxwatest.myorg.org" appBase="/usr/webadvisor/xxwatest">
>       <Alias>xxx.xx.xxx.xx</Alias>
>
>       <Valve className='org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve'
>             directory='/usr/webadvisor/xxwatest/logs'
>             prefix='xxwatest_access.'
>             suffix='.log'
>             pattern='common'/>
>
>      <Logger className='org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger'
>             directory='/usr/webadvisor/xxwatest/logs'
>             prefix='xxwatest_catalina.'
>             suffix='.log'
>             timestamp='true'/>
>
>      <Context path="/" debug="5" docBase="/usr/webadvisor/xxwatest"
> privileged="true" />
>
>      <Context path="/manager" debug="5"
> docBase="/usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/server/webapps/manager"
> privileged="true" />
> </Host>
>
>     </Engine>
>
>   </Service>
According to my knowledges of tomcat, this should work, each of your
server is then identified by a different ip, so everything should work
fine. I could not do better myself ^^

>       OK, in the Tomcat html administration tool, I see a tree to the left
> that starts out with
>       Tomcat Server under this heading is Services then the name of my like
> Service (Catalina)
>       Under this services heading are my connectors and so on.  Is there a
> way to stop and start
>       this "Service" or connector or something under this heading so I do not
> have to restart the entire
>       Tomcat server
>
> Hope this helps

No, this is not possible, as far as i know, to stop services without
stopping tomcat. However, using the manager interface of each of your
virtual host, you can stop webapps inside those services. Tomcat will
still listen to corresponding port but will respond with 404 error for
stopped webapps :)