> From: Rao Manekar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: how to setup multiple CATALINA_BASE
>
> Hi
> can anyone tell me how to setup more than one CATALINA_BASE variable.
> I am using tomcat 4.0. I following running.txt instructions to setup
> CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE directories and variables. I
> am able to get
> the webapp in CATALINA_BASE. I want to have more than one
> CATALINE_BASE
> directories.
>
> In below link it talks about using makebase.sh script to do
> this, but I
> couldn't find it.
> http://www.spikesource.com/docs/cs_1.6.0-win32/doc/tomcat55/to
> mcat55_quickstartguide.html
>
> I have two web application and two IPs. I wan't to run each
> web app pointing
> to separate IP at port 80.
>
> If couldn't use two <connector> elements with two different
> IPs as couldn't find a way to map them with specific web app.

You don't need multiple CATALINA_BASE settings, nor do you need two
<Connector> elements; instead, use two <Host>s.  Each <Host> must have a
unique name that matches the DNS name of the IP addresses you wish to
segregat.  Also, each <Host> should have a unique appBase attribute
value, and each webapp would be deployed only in the corresponding
appBase.  Look at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html
for more information.

 - Chuck