Thought I'd send this again in case anyone knows an answer - I suspect that once a day's worth of posts have gone by, unanswered posts will probably never be answered :)

If there's no mechanism for solving this (i.e. passing the proxy base path to Tomcat), it'd be useful to know: I can always configure the proxy such that there is no base path, but if I don't have to, it'd be even better!

Cheers,
Andy

Andy Buckley wrote:
I have a Tomcat server providing an application via an Apache proxy.
User HTTP requests to http://myserver.example.com/server/ on port 80 get
mapped by the proxy to http://localhost:8082, which is set up as a valid
Tomcat provider for Apache. So far so good.

However, I've noticed problems using Tapestry and DWR (though I don't
think they're responsible for the problem), where auto-generated paths
from Tomcat apps will look like /foo/bar - this works fine if pointing a
browser directly at Tomcat on port 8080, but since the proxy already has
a URL path prefix of /server/, these links don't work through the proxy
interface. Is there a standard way of informing Tomcat that when
accessed on port 8082 it should consider itself either to have a base
path starting with /server or to use a base URL of
http://myserver.example.com/server?

I've already seen references to mod_proxy_html as an Apache module which
can do some HTML URL re-writing, but I'm not sure if this is sufficient,
since JavaScript libraries like DWR seem to also get some base path
information from Tomcat and this is unlikely to be properly handled by
mod_proxy_html.

Any help would be very welcome - I hope there's a standard solution that
I've just been unable to find with Google!

Cheers,
Andy