hi,
I can't figure out why you need to extend a JaasRealm ?
This class "lives" in the server classloader, therein it cannot be and
should definitivly never be accessed from your webapp.
I think that you missunderstand the way to use the JaasRealm. Please look at
my previous post (today) and tell me if it's clear enougth.

HIH