Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Richard Gemmell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Appropriate version of Tomcat

I'd recommend the Windows Service Installer version.

I'd recommend NOT using the .exe download, but instead use the .zip:

1) The .exe leaves out the .bat files, which make experimenting with and
debugging Tomcat much easier.

2) The .zip includes a script (service.bat) to install Tomcat as a
service any time you want.

3) The .exe installer puts Tomcat under the Program Files directory; the
space in the directory name can cause confusion for programs not
prepared to handle that.
I've never had problems with the "Program Files" name, and I normally use the windows installer for the initial installation. After doing the windows install, I unzip the .zip version on top of it. That gives me the .bat files to tweak the installation the way I want, with less setup effort.

Dave