Note : if you have a recent cert signed by Verisign, you need to have their intermediate cert loaded into the same keystore. I ran into this problem recently. Instructions for loading that are the same as for your cert, just pick a different name for it (eg: not 'root').

anyway .. here you go :

keytool -import -keyalg rsa -trustcacerts -alias (whatever cert alias) -keystore (/path/to/keystore) -file (/path/to/certificate).

(then enter the keystore password).

You can find out what keystore you're using by looking in server.xml.

If you don't know the keystore password, you can just create a new one, and add the root and intermediate CA certs (in that order) before adding your new cert, then just change the keystore location in server.xml.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University

Erich Rockman wrote:
Hello. I am trying to take an SSL key/cert from another machine and move
it to my app server using the keytool. I have a key file and the signed
cert from a CA but cannot figure out whick keytool commands to use to
load it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.