Not sure whether this is a new module you are trying to implement or
refactoring the existing implementation...

As Ron Wheeler suggested, spring framework is one option you can try.

Regards,
Rajesh

On 3/12/07, Markus Schönhaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Scott Purcell wrote:

> Looking at incorporating the Java Persistence API (EJB 3.0) and was
> wondering if Tomcat 5.5 supports this. It looks like we need container
> managed services and was wondering if we can use Tomcat instead of
JBoss?

Tomcat doesn't support the JPA out of the box. But since it's possible to
write standalone applications using JPA I don't see a reason why it
shouldn't
be possible with Tomcat. You have to provide the relevant classes to your
WebApp, though. Since you seem to be working with Hibernate: AFAIR the
Hibernate Annotations package contains ejb3-persistence.jar which should
get
you going.

Wrt the container managed services you need, I can't help you. Whether or
not
Tomcat is an option for you propably depends on which services you really
need.

Regards
  mks