From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError

> From: Rahul Tandon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: OutOfMemoryError
>
> Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new
> native thread
>
> I am checking vmstat at this time and see 3GB free memory.

You appear to have hit a limitiation on the number of threads you can
create within your user process space; you have not run out of JVM heap.
(Note that this has nothing to do with the amount of RAM on your system
or how much of it is in use.)  By increasing the portion of user process
space reserved for the JVM heap, you are reducing the amount left over
for other things, such as threads and file descriptors.  How many
threads have you configured for the Tomcat connectors?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.