Hello,

I am trying to run several virtual hosts using Tomcat 5.5.x and am having trouble with the <Context> tag.

I would like it to be in a file called context.xml within the META-INF directory of my .war file. When I put it in the .war file, upon restarting tomcat, the context.xml file ends up in...

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/domain.xml (where domain is my domain name without the .com bit).

This does not work, I get a 400 error when trying to browse the domain.

When I remove the context.xml file from the META-INF (and resulting .war) and add the <Context> tag to the <Host> tag in server.xml, it all works and my domain is reachable. However, I do not want the <Context> tag in server.xml.

In my context.xml tag, both my path and docBase are set to "" which is how I understand they should be set (believe me, I've tried very many combinations of these two attributes as well as eg. privileged="true", etc.).

Having looked at hundreds of web pages, I cannot find a single working example demonstrating the successful inclusion of context.xml in the META-INF directory and subsequent deployment.

If someone out there has got it working for Tomcat 5.5.x, I would appreciate hearing about it (please be as specific as possible because I'm thinking the devil is in the details).

Thanks,

Matthew