The original post was this:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200703.mbox/%3cBAY103-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(text also quoted below)

I have tested it with Eclipse 3.2 and Tomcat 6 (jre1.5.0_10), with chinese,
korean and hebrew characters, it works... Which Tomcat and JDK version are
you using? I can do a further test... ;-)

There might also be some conversion of the file before it is stored and
compiled at the server...
(for example conversion when commiting it to a versioning system)

this is the text of the original post: