Hi, I'm new to tomcat and have a problem with keeping up the connection
to the database thru the connection pool.

Almost every weekend the database gets bumped and the java app that were
running needs to have tomcat restarted to reconnect to the database thru
the connection pool.  When we come in on Monday tomcat and the database
are up and running, but the app will not connect to the database.

Is there a way to reestablish the connection so our users don't have to
wait until we come in on Monday to restart tomcat?

Many Thanks,

MG