I'm using Tomcat 5.5.23 and the Tomcat Admin 5.5.23 for managing my war files. For some reason, I can install a new war file with no problem. If I undeploy, and redeploy the same war file, the web becomes unavailable. I have discovered it is due to the fact that Tomcat Admin is not completely uninstalling the deployed war file due to existing file locks on some of the WEB-INF\lib jars within the web application. My web app does not make direct reference for any reason to these jar files, and I cannot figure out why the jar files are kept lock. The only solution I have found to fixing this problem is stopping Tomcat, which kills the file locks, and then removing the files by hand.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should be looking for a solution to this problem?