Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Paul Singleton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: can a web app discover its Service?

I've had a closer look at Tomcat Configuration
Reference, which says you can set per-Server
JNDI variables (GlobalNamingResources), and
per-Context ones, but there's no mention of
per-Service variables.

I have to ask: are you really trying to run both test and production
environments inside a single instance of Tomcat inside a single JVM?

OK, I see your point: ours is 'test' only in the
"user acceptance" sense, e.g. "look'n'feel" approval,
not stress or penetration (although some customers want
to run penetration tests against their live site as
finally deployed, and this has caused up some incidental
DOS problems in the past, e.g. with malformed requests).

But we trust in Tomcat's robustness, and prefer to have
only one instance to administer...

If so, that's pretty gutsy.  If you're not doing that, why do you have to
change the <Service> name?

Our single instance of Tomcat inside its single JVM has
several IP-address-based virtual servers, each with their
distinctly named Service and (in most cases) SSL certificate.

For now, I'm using ServletRequest.getLocalAddr() on the
first request and inferring deploy mode from that.

cheers - Paul S.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Paul Singleton