On 3/23/07, Jean-Sebastien Pilon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there any configurations for avoiding to delete the files within the webapp's
directory when > the webapp is redeployed ?

When the app is re-deployed old Java/ JSP files are replaced with new,
that's why the folder under webapps is deleted and replaced with a new
set of files. May be there are ways to prevent auto-deployment by
setting unpackWar = false , but I wouldn't recommend that approach.

Where should I put those files ?

You could put the PDF files outside Tomcat.

I haven't tried it, but I remember reading that it is possible to
place files outside webapps, in one of the forums.

The code snippet at the bottom:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/fileupload/package-summary.html
might be what you're looking for.

-Rashmi