so would it make sense to assume that since SSL worked without any extra
config changes when I added the AJP config that it should work without any
changes when using mod_proxy_http?

On 3/23/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

AJP doesn't use SSL, never has, so I'm not sure what the problem would be
the only way to get SSL between apache and tomcat, is to use mod_proxy
Filip

c. wrote:
> Thanks Filip,
>
> We've always had the need for SSL, and our config worked without any
> changes
> when I put AJP in the mix.  It doesn't, however, work with proxy http.
>
> On 3/23/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> in my last email I forgot one
>>
>> SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile <--
>> SSLProxyEngine
>> SSLProxyMachineCertificatePath
>> SSLEngine
>> SSLProxyProtocol,
>> SSLProxyCipherSuite
>>
>> c. wrote:
>> > Filip, thanks for the info, I'll listen to anyone with good advice.
>> > So you
>> > recommend mod_proxy_http over mod_jk?
>> >
>> > Is it the same basic setup as mod_proxy_ajp?  Looking at the doc (
>> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy_http.html) it doesn't
>> give
>> > much info.
>> >
>> > c.