private String synchronization MyServletHardwareCallingRoutine(HttpRequest BlaBla){

CALL THE HARDWARE HERE

return INFO

}

SYNCHRONIZATION will allow only one thread at a time, so they will Q.
BUT so will the clients wait.

If the clients do not need a reply from the hardware then

private void MyServletHardwareCallingRoutineAsBackGroundProcess(HttpRequest BlaBla){

       new HardwareSrvr().asyncStartServer();

}

public class HardwareSrvr implements Runnable {
   private Thread runner;

   public HardwareSrvr () {
   }

  public void asyncStartServer(){