A lot of guys asking me how to get java to automatically install if client does
not have JRE.

This is not an all platform solution unfortunately, but nevertheless it works
for IE users.
Place this is your web page

<OBJECT
codebase="http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_11-windows-i586.cab";

classid="clsid:5852F5ED-8BF4-11D4-A245-0080C6F74284" height=25 width=27
id="Test" border="1">

<param name="back" value="false"><!-- Alternate non IE type HTML browsers which
cannot instantiate the object -->

Runtime</a>

</OBJECT>

If user does not have JRE, it gets it and installs it, then the links to
applications will work.
Maybe someone knows of a better way.... I dont.

regards

Johnny