Hello Bob,
I made the change in CATALINA_OPTS in catalina.sh; and I searched the
Catalina.out file for exceptions with the following returning:

        java.sql.SQLException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the     manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 's Time Management workshop

        java.sql.SQLException: Illegal operation on empty result set...

If I am not mistaken, there appears to be an issue with resource centered on
data manipulation.  I am continuously writing data from a data warehouse to
a "local" MySQL data repository.  I envision receiving a number of these
types of exceptions; however I am beginning to believe TOMCAT 5.0 has an
"issue" supporting the processes from MySQL.

The premise of this assumption stems from the fact that I have the same
scenario running on a TOMCAT 5.5 development platform and it will only stop
running when the app fails on 5.0.

Hope this makes some sense.

Dwight

If your webapp(s) really need a gig of memory,
I sugggest changing CATALINA_OPTS

 CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m"

Looks like you are using unix/linux.  Did you 'grep'
for Exception and Error in catalina.out?

The Cohorts getName() messages don't look familiar
to me.  Is there a Cohorts class in one or more
of your webapp's?

-Bob