Hi,

I try to add a new webapplication to a Tomcat in version 5.5.23. I add an own context.xml, which contains some jndi configuration for the tomcat connection pool. I deployed this webapplication into my application directory as subdirectory named appl. This works fine, my application is starting.

Now I want to change the context name from appl into "", which works with tomcat 4, but not with this Tomcat's version. I tried the following:

- add path attribute to element context inside context.xml of the META-INF directory of the webapplication - add appl.xml into |the following path $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ with own path element, too.
- add own element context inside server.xml also with empty path element

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Duffner

DIG
Digitale Medienberatungs- und Produktions- GmbH Neckarstrasse 1/5
78727 Oberndorf
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 480914
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Huber

Tel:    +49 74 23 - 87 50-0
Fax:    +49 74 23 - 87 50-23
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dig.de

Ein Unternehmen der Schwarzwälder Bote Mediengruppe.