To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:18 AM
Subject: is tomcat a competitor of ruby on rails? Or why did davidson praise it so highly - can you compare them?

I was surprised when I saw this high praise from James
Davidson, creator of Tomcat.
"Rails is the most well thought-out web development
framework I've ever used.
And that's in a decade of doing web applications for a
living. I've built my
own frameworks, helped develop the Servlet API, and
have created more than
a few web servers from scratch. Nobody has done it
like this before."
-James Duncan Davidson, Creator of Tomcat and Ant

http://www.rubyonrails.org/quotes

Is it so great? As a long time Java programmer, I
wonder. (Dont tell me we need to switch!).
-
Anil