Hi,

We are trying to migrate a running tomcat/JK/IIS setup from win 2000/IIS 5.0
to win 2003/IIS 6.0. The struts application is hosted using two tomcat
instances and we use JK connectors as load balancer for these two servers.
We have configured the IIS with a 'jakarta' virtual directory.The setup is
working fine in 2000/IIS 5.0 setup but not in the 2003/IIS 6.0. We have
copied the ISAPI_REDIRECT.DLL frile from the 2000 box to 2003 box (we did
not use any binary installation) and in the IIS the status for the jakarta
shows as loaded with a green uparrow. But when we try to browse the site we
get '404- File or directory not found error'. I've listed the config files
below

1.isapi_redirect.properties
# Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector
log_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\log\isapi_redirect.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)
log_level=info

# Full path to the workers.properties file
worker_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\conf\workers.properties.minimal

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file
worker_mount_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\conf\uriworkermap.properties

2.uriworkermap.properties

# uriworkermap.properties - IIS
#
# This file provides sample mappings for example ajp13w
# worker defined in workermap.properties.minimal
# The general sytax for this file is:
# [URL]=[Worker name]

/*=loadbalancer

# Optionally filter out all .jpeg files inside that context
# For no mapping the url has to start with exclamation (!)

##!/servlet-examples/*.jpeg=loadbalancer

3.workers.properties.minimal

ps=/

worker.list=loadbalancer

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13wpf, ajp13wpf2

worker.ajp13wpf.port=8019
worker.ajp13wpf.host=localhost
worker.ajp13wpf.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13wpf.lbfactor=1

worker.ajp13wpf2.port=8029
worker.ajp13wpf2.host=localhost
worker.ajp13wpf2.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13wpf2.lbfactor=1
# Disable worker2 for all requests except failover
#worker.worker2.disabled=True

4.server.xml(instance-1)--

<Server port="8015" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
 <GlobalNamingResources>
             type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
         pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
 </GlobalNamingResources>

 <Service name="Catalina">
   <Connector port="8090"
              enableLookups="false" acceptCount="50"
              connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
  <Connector port="8019"
              enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
   <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="appname.domain.net"
jvmRoute="ajp13wpf">
     <!-- <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>-->
     <!--<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" />-->
            resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
     <Host name="appname.domain.net" appBase="F:/tomcat/deploy/hosts/ins1/"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
                directory="logs"  prefix="appname.domain.net_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

       <!--<Valve className="
org.apache.catalina.valves.ByteBufferAccessLogValve"
                directory="logs"  prefix="appname.domain.net_access_log ."
suffix=".txt"
                pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
       -->
     </Host>

     <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster "
                managerClassName="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                useDirtyFlag="true"
                notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

           <Membership
               className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
               mcastAddr=" 228.0.0.4"
               mcastPort="45564"
               mcastFrequency="500"
               mcastDropTime="3000"/>

           <Receiver
               className="org.apache.catalina.cluster
.tcp.ReplicationListener"
               tcpListenAddress="auto"
               tcpListenPort="4011"
               tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
               tcpThreadCount="6"/>

           <Sender
               className="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
               replicationMode="pooled"
               ackTimeout="15000"/>

           <Valve className="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                  filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;;.*\.txt;"/>

       </Cluster>

   </Engine>
 </Service>
</Server>

The server.xml for the other instance is same as above except it uses the
other port defined in the workers.properties.minimal file and a different
appbase/host.

When we try to access the application using the
URL:port(http://a.com:8090and http://a.com:8100
) we are able to get the application working.But when we try through IIS we
are not able to access the application.The isapi_redirect log file is not at
all created.Please tell us if we are missing something.
Please ask us i you need more info on this regard.

Thanks
Vasanth.S